Thursday, December 12, 2013

One Job

I have one job, not counting the obvious -  wife, mother, sister, daughter, and circus performer.  One job.  I need to civilize this kitten so she can find a home and have a good life. The kitten is cute and cute really helps but she needs to interact with people and be charming.  Where she goes from here will depend on her personality and charm.  I do not want to release her to the side yard of the museum.  And I don't want to keep her - the inn is full. So I need to help her adjust to people, be curious, purr and play (in short, be a kitten).  In all honesty, I have very little say in this other than a strong belief that it MUST happen and the ability to spend an intense few days giving her plenty of new experiences and love.

The kitten has been fixed, her left ear clipped, and her wound treated.  Fixed ferals' left ears are tipped so they can be easily identified as being neutered.  Apparently, she was bitten and the bite abscessed so her back end was shaved, her wound treated, and she was given a shot of antibiotics.  When I pick her up she is not a pretty picture. Did I mention the wound was oozing?  And she can't walk due to the anesthesia?  And she's scared and hissing?



1 comment: